Just a guess- but after sampling a restaurant with traditional bahamian fare- I am pretty sure we have identified at least one contributing factor for the high diabetes rates:
This was our combined meal tonight:
Start with fresh baked bread that is extra sweet. How do you make your bread so sweet? “Just add more suga”! Add a small green salad with a choice of creamy garlic, thousand island (“Mayo and Ketchup) or oil and vinegar.
- Fish fingers (breaded and fried grouper)
- Cracked Conch (breaded and fried conch)
- Fried Snapper
- Minced Crawfish
- Curry Chicken
- Conch chowder
- Crab salad
Pick Two sides– the sides alone take up half of a large plate!
- Corn (the sweetest corn you have ever tasted)
- Baked macaroni and cheese
- Peas and Rice (seasoned white rice with beans)
- Potato Salad
Fish Fingers w/ peas and rice, corn and macaroni and cheese.
Fried Red Snapper